Friday, August 26, 2011

Nairobi, Joburg, Cape Town, Lost

I've recently found myself flitting between African cities. The big names; Nairobi, Joburg, Cape Town. I feel I am a fleeting flirt. My heart has been wrenched away before I've had time to fall in love with any of these.

Falling in love is breathing in the air and seeing the little things one sees as one walks the streets and pavements, skipping down the terraces outside other people's houses, peering in on windows of other people's lives. These are the lives of people who live there, who have put down roots, who have mortgages and nick-nacks and do not think about boxes and how many it would take to shift them to another place.

My little suitcase is battered and worn and I am a little tired. My heart is not big enough to love everything at once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home